February 14, 2014
An Israeli arms company has revealed details of a laser defense system with ‘Star Wars’ style technology which can shoot missiles from the sky with a pulse of energy.
State-owned Rafael Advanced Defense Systems said the futuristic military hardware called Iron Beam was almost ready for deployment.
It works by firing a focused laser at targets which are heated so rapidly they disintegrate in an instant.
The arms maker publicised specifications of its High Energy Laser (HEL) at this week’s Singapore Airshow, which is Asia’s largest aerospace and defense exhibition.
- US missile shield, ‘star wars on earth’
- Pentagon’s non-lethal weapon projects leaked – including a laser beam that ‘steers enemy planes’
- Is this the next generation of Taser? Prison to test new laser beam to ‘burn’ fighting inmates
- Boeing Airborne Laser Team Begins Testing Laser With Chemical Fuel
- Israel Tests Long-Range Missile Shield With Eyes On Syria, Lebanon, And Iran