February 14, 2014
After reportedly dispatching warships to the Atlantic Ocean, Iran has now offered Russia a proposal to carry out joint naval exercises in May, according to informed Middle Eastern security officials.
The officials told KleinOnline that Moscow is considering the proposal but that there was no immediate decision from Russia.
The officials said the proposal was likely a response to Iranian information of U.S. vessels in the Persian Gulf.
Until now there have been reports the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS Harry S. Truman has deliberately spent time outside the Gulf as a gesture to Iran while the West attempts to implement its interim nuclear agreement with Tehran.
- Iran proposes joint nuclear plants with Gulf states
- Confrontation? Iran’s New Naval Exercise to Coincide With US/Israeli Drill
- U.S., allies in Gulf naval exercise as Israel, Iran face off
- Iran holds military exercise near Afghan border
- Iran Joins Nuclear Power Club as Russia Starts Reactor Under UN’s Watch
This article was posted: Friday, February 14, 2014 at 12:21 pm