By: Paul Joseph Watson
July 3, 2013
FEMA denies report of Russian forces providing security at US events
FEMA’s denial of a report that suggested Russian forces would be operating inside the United States at “mass events” ignores the manifestly provable fact that Russian and other foreign troops are already active inside the US and have been for at least two decades.
The federal agency was forced to deny a report published by Infowars on Monday which cited an official Russian government press release that detailed a plan for Russian authorities to be involved in the “provision of security at mass events” in the United States.
“There will be “no exchange of security or military personnel” under a recently renewed partnership between the US Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Russia’s Emergency Situations Ministry, a FEMA spokesman told RIA Novosti.”
“The agreement continues information-sharing meetings and observation opportunities with first responders and emergency managers,” the spokesman said.
This contradicts a June 25 press release issued by the Ministry of the Russian Federation for Civil Defense and Emergencies which said that, “The Russian Emergency Situations Ministry and the USA Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) are going to exchange experts during joint rescue operations in major disasters,” a deal that would include the “provision of security at mass events.” The dictionary definition of the word ‘provision’ is “the providing or supplying of something.”
The admission that FEMA and Russian authorities would “exchange experts” who would be active “during joint rescue operations in major disasters” clearly contradicts the claim that the deal was only about information sharing. Either the press release was inaccurate or FEMA is lying.
The accuracy of the Infowars report was then muddied by it being connected with an unrelated hoax published by a known disinformation website which falsely claimed Obama had requested 15,000 Russian troops for an “upcoming disaster” in America.
Even if we accept FEMA’s denial that Russian forces will be in place at “mass events” in the US, the fact that Russian forces are already operating inside America is proven.
Last year we reported on how Russian troops were invited to the US as part of a Fort Carson, Colorado drill focused around anti-terror training. Aside from learning how to target terrorists in America, the Russian soldiers were also told to go out and mingle with the local community by attending a baseball game in Colorado Springs.
The Department of Defense subsequently confirmed that 20 Russian Spetsnaz troops were set to train on US soil for a period of three weeks as part of a “formal bilateral exchange program between the U.S. and Russia.” Images of Russian troops working with US soldiers at Fort Carson can be seen above.
The process of acclimatizing Americans to accept the presence of foreign troops on US soil has been ongoing since the release of State Department Publication 7277, which is a blueprint for the harmonization of US and Russian forces under a United Nations framework.
There are numerous other instances where foreign troops have been active on U.S. soil as part of security exchange programs.
– In 2008, US and Canadian authorities signed an agreement that paves the way to using each other’s militaries on both sides of the border “during an emergency”.
– During FEMA’s 2009 NLE exercise, foreign troops from Mexico, Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom were involved in a major exercise focused on “terrorism prevention and protection.”
– Back in July 2010, our reporters covered the Operation Vigilant Guard exercises in Chicago which involved Polish troops training alongside U.S. National Guard troops in drills focused around raiding terrorists and drug dealers.
– Alex Jones has documented foreign troops being trained on U.S. soil to deal with “insurgents” since the late 1990′s as part of “urban warfare drills”.
– Only last month, foreign troops from Canada, New Zealand and Japan as well as observers from Australia, Chile, Colombia, Israel, Mexico, Peru and Singapore took part in multi-lateral exercises with US Marines under the banner of Operation Dawn Blitz, during which foreign soldiers staged a mock invasion of a beach in Southern California and then “moved inland for additional training ashore.”
– In addition, as Frank Drover details, “Troops and personnel under the command of the United Nations have been training all over the United States in joint exercises that include policing operations and terrorist suppression.”
Drover cites a 1994 UN training mission named Agile Provider (watch the clip above), during which 44,000 blue helmeted UN troops from nations such as France and the Netherlands trained in Georgia, North and South Carolina, Arkansas, and Tennessee.
– There were also fresh eyewitness reports of UN troops arriving for exercises in Texas, Florida, Mississippi and Georgia as recently as May of this year.
Watch a video report below from 2010′s Operation Vigilant Guard exercise where foreign troops trained with US Marines in a range of different security exercises.
Exercises involving foreign troops on US soil have become commonplace over the last 20 years as Americans become increasing acclimatized to seeing international forces prepared for involvement in domestic security operations, largely ignorant of the fact that this is a violation of the Posse Comitatus Act.
This article was posted: Wednesday, July 3, 2013 at 8:54 am